Northern Lights Chase and Safari Experience – FINLAND
February 23, 2018 – March 3, 2018 (9 Days)
March 25, 2018 – April 2, 2018 (9 Days)
- Visit Santa Claus Village
- Send a Postcard at Santa’s Post Office
- Shop at the Marimekko Outlet Store and other souvenir shops
- Have a photo with Santa.
- White Silence on Snowshoes
- Experience the silence and beauty of wintery forests on this guided snowshoe hike
- Excursion to Aurora Borealis Camp
- Seeing the northern lights casting their magical glow across the Arctic sky is always an impressive sight, but what makes it truly unforgettable is a special trip to chase this natural phenomenon. You will also have time to roam around the resort, take a brisk sleigh ride with snowmobile drawn sleigh, or you can just lay back in the snow observatory by the open fire admiring the northern sky
- Excursion to Reindeer and Husky Farms
- Visit a local reindeer farm and learn about our Lappish culture and reindeer husbandry. Sit back in a reindeer-drawn sleigh and enjoy a peaceful 30-minute reindeer ride through the forest. Everyone will be issued an international reindeer driver’s license before entering the next part of your adventure – the husky farm!
- Evening Escape by Snowmobile with Fire Camp
- Experience the magic of northern nature in the evening twilight. This is a night to remember for those who wish to combine snowmobiling, good food and the search for the Aurora Borealis.
- Overnight Stay in Aurora Glass Cabins in Muotka
- Located deep in the tranquil taiga forests of Finland’s eastern Saariselkä fells and Urho Kekkonen National Park, Muotka Wilderness Lodge is a magnificent place for a winter break. Enjoy the evening beside a roaring log fire before seeking out the magical northern lights in the skies above.
- Muotka’s location is delightful, surrounded by trees and next to a small stream. It is tucked away in its own little winter world, a retreat from the modern world. Residing amongst the forested fells of North East Finland and far from the nearest town, Muotka offers a wonderfully secluded base for your adventure in prime Aurora territory.
- See the Sibelius Park with the Sibelius Monument, an unusual steel monument from 1967, commemorating the great Finnish composer Jean Sibelius. Pay a visit to Temppeliaukio Church (The Church in the Rock), completed in 1969 and carved out of a solid rock and topped with a copper dome
Package Price: US$ 4,588
- Round-trip Economy airfare from Manila (Cathay Pacific and Finnair)
- First-Class Hotel accommodations
- Meals as specified (All Breakfast, One(1) Dinner)
- Porterage at hotel (for 1 luggage each)
- English-speaking guide
- Meet and assist upon arrival / departure
- All tours and transfers in a modern air-conditioned bus
- Entrance fees to sites as specified in itinerary
- Tours as specified
- Services of a tour manager
- Luggage handling in Muotka Igloo Cabins
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Economy Fare Airline Taxes (subject to change till paid and ticketed)
- Business Class Airline Taxes (subject to change till paid and ticketed)
- Tips to guides/drivers/porters
- Universal Assist Card Travel Insurance (subject to change)
- Visa charges (subject to change)
- Visa assistance fee
- Visa Application Form with signature
- Passport valid for 6 months from date of departure
- 4 Copies of recent passport size pictures
- If employed:
- Certificate of Employment with Leave of Absence & Salary
- If self-employed:
- Business Registration
- Income Tax Return of Business
- Annual Declaration of Income
- Original and photocopy of Income Tax Return (Both Peso and/or USD)
- Bank certificate of deposits and bank statements at least six (6) months back
- Photocopy of International Credit Cards
- Travel Insurance valid for 45 days with minimum of Php 2.5M coverage
- If married, copy of authenticated Marriage Contract
- If not traveling with spouse,
- Notarized Affidavit of Support and Consent – signed by spouse (OR sponsor, if financially incapable)
- Birth Certificate
- Personal Appearance of the Passenger
Terms and Conditions
1. A Deposit of USD500.00 (deductible from the package cost) and Visa Fees are required upon reservation. This is non-refundable and non-transferable to cover administrative charges. A photocopy of passport (with six months validity from date of departure) must be submitted.
2. The following cancellation policy shall apply should the participant decide to withdraw his/her participation after registration: 50% of the package if cancellation is made five (5) weeks prior to departure; 80% if cancellation is made four (4) weeks before departure; 100% if cancellation is made three (3) weeks before departure. The cancellation should be received in writing.
3. Larry’s Classic Tours (LCT) reserves the right to re-book or cancel the tour immediately prior to departure. In such case, liability shall be limited only to the extent of refunding any payments already made by the passenger less actual expenses already incurred such as, but not limited to, visa and entry permit fees and cancellation charges of air- lines, hotels and other tour providers. This will serve as full settlement of all obligations to the passenger.
4. LCT shall not be liable for injuries or damages beyond its control and without fault or negligence on its part.
5. LCT has contracted the services of other tour operators local and abroad. This means that LCT only acts as agent and therefore, accepts no responsibility or liability in connection with losses or accidental expenses due to delays of schedules, overbooking, defaults or “force majure” situations. All tours and arrangements are subject to the general conditions specified by the contractor. When making a tour booking, the passenger acknowledges and accepts the foregoing conditions. Schedules, timings and prices are subject to change, as conditions so warrant.