Northern Lights Chase and Safari Experience
with optional extension to Russia
March 25, 2018 – April 2, 2018 (9 Days)
Statistically, February/March and September/October are the best months for Northern Lights sightings. March also has the added bonus of snow-covered landscapes for husky-sledding and snowmobiling. The aurora tends to occur between 9pm and 2am.
- Visit Santa Claus Village
- Send a Postcard at Santa’s Post Office
- Shop at the Marimekko Outlet Store and other souvenir shops
- Have a photo with Santa.
- Aurora Snowshoeing
- Experience the surrounding nature and Aurora Borealis on foot
- Excursion to Aurora Borealis Camp
- Seeing the northern lights casting their magical glow across the Arctic sky is always an impressive sight, but what makes it truly unforgettable is a special trip to chase this natural phenomenon. You will also have time to roam around the resort, take a brisk sleigh ride with snowmobile drawn sleigh, or you can just lay back in the snow observatory by the open fire admiring the northern sky.
- Excursion to Reindeer and Husky Farms
- Visit a local reindeer farm and learn about our Lappish culture and reindeer husbandry. Sit back in a reindeer-drawn sleigh and enjoy a peaceful 30-minute reindeer ride through the forest. Everyone will be issued an international reindeer driver’s license before entering the next part of your adventure – the husky farm!
- Evening Escape by Snowmobile with Fire Camp
- Experience the magic of northern nature in the evening twilight. This is a night to remember for those who wish to combine snowmobiling, good food and the search for the Aurora Borealis.
- Overnight Stay in the newest Aurora Glass Cabin in Muotka
- Located deep in the tranquil taiga forests of Finland’s eastern Saariselkä fells and Kekkonen National Park, Muotka Wilderness Lodge is a magnificent place for a winter break. Enjoy the evening beside a roaring log fire before seeking out the magical northern lights in the skies above.
- Muotka’s location is delightful, surrounded by trees and next to a small stream. It is tucked away in its own little winter world, a retreat from the modern world. Residing amongst the forested fells of North East Finland and far from the nearest town, Muotka offers a wonderfully secluded base for your adventure in prime Aurora territory.
- See the Sibelius Park with the Sibelius Monument, an unusual steel monument from 1967, commemorating the great Finnish composer Jean Sibelius. Pay a visit to Temppeliaukio Church (The Church in the Rock), completed in 1969 and carved out of a solid rock and topped with a copper dome.
- Economy Fare Airline Taxes, and Fuel Surcharges (subject to change until paid and ticketed)
- Business Class Airline Taxes (subject to change till paid and ticketed)
- Visa Charges (subject to change)
- Visa Assistance Fee
- Tips to Guides, Drivers, and Other Service Personnel
- Universal Assist Travel Insurance 10 days
- Below 65 years old
- 65 years old and above
- Round-trip Economy airfare from Manila (Cathay Pacific and Finnair)
- First-Class Hotel accommodation
- Hotel Taxes
- Meals as specified (All Breakfast, One (1) Dinner)
- English-speaking guide
- Meet and assist upon arrival / departure
- All tours and transfers in a modern air-conditioned bus
- Entrance fees to sites as specified in itinerary
- Tours as specified
- Services of a tour manager
- Luggage handling in Muotka Igloo Cabins
- Visa Application Form with Signature
- Passport valid for 6 months from date of departure
- 4 copies of recent passport-size pictures
- Certificate of Employment with Leave of Absence and Salary (if employed)
- If self-employed:
- Business Registration
- Income Tax Return of Business
- Annual Declaration of Income
- Original and photocopy of Income Tax Return (Both Pesos and/or USD)
- Bank certificate of deposits and bank statements at least six (6) months back
- Photocopy of International Credit Cards
- Travel Insurance valid for 45 days with minimum of PhP2.5M coverage
- Marriage Contract / Affidavit of Consent. If not travelling with spouse, Affidavit of Support and Consent (signed and notarized by sponsor, if financially incapable)
- If married, copy of Authenticated Marriage Contract
- Birth Certificate
- Personal appearance of passenger
Terms and Conditions
- A deposit of US$500 ($800 if Business Class), deductible from the package price, and the visa-related fees, when applicable, are required upon reservation. This is to cover administrative expenses and is non-refundable and non-transferable. A photocopy of the passport bio-page (with six (6) months validity from date of departure) must be submitted.
- The following cancellation penalties shall apply should the participant decide to withdraw his/her participation after reservation:
- 50% of the package price, if cancellation is made four (4) weeks prior to departure;
- 75%, if cancellation is made three (3) weeks before departure;
- 100%, if cancellation is made two (2) weeks before departure.
- The cancellation request should be received in writing.
- Larry’s Classic Tours, Inc. (LCTI) reserves the right to rebook or cancel the tour immediately prior to departure. In such case, liability shall be limited only to the extent of refunding any payments already made by the passenger minus actual expenses already incurred, such as, but not limited to, visa and entry permit fees and cancellation charges of airlines, hotels and other tour providers. This will serve as full settlement of all obligations to the passenger.
- LCTI shall not be liable for injuries or damages beyond its control and without fault or negligence on its part.
- LCTI has contracted the services of other tour operators. This means that LCTI only acts as agent, and therefore, accepts no responsibility or liability in connection with losses or accidental expenses due to delays of schedules, overbooking, defaults or “force majeure” situations.
All tours and arrangements are subject to the general conditions specified by the contractor.
When making a tour booking, the passenger acknowledges and accepts the foregoing conditions.
Schedules, timings and prices are subject to change, as conditions so warrant.